This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe!! Not too soft not too crunchy and delicious then as an added bonus you add the pretzel M&M's and sea salt. Amazing!
The only change that I made to the recipe is that I didn't mix the M&M's into the batter because the candy coating ended up all smeared. Instead I made my little dough balls and squeezed three M&M's on each one. As you can see the cookies spread quite a bit so make sure you leave plenty of space.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups pretzel M&M’s
Sea salt, for sprinkling on cookies
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. Set aside.
2. Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl medium bowl, set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugars together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. About two minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. On low speed, slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt and Pretzel M&M's.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are slightly golden around the edges. Let cookies cook for a few minutes on the pan before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe from: Two Peas and their Pod